ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, March 09, 2006

of friends, weddings and the jobs to come

texted by my Dad
There's no such thing as an enlightened person, only enlightenment.

Lelei and Marc's wedding was wonderful! I was quite close to the Clemente family, having spent a major part of 3 years with the three sisters and their family -- I have enjoyed their generosity, their kindness, their thoughtfulness and their love and to see them and be with them during this next step in their family dynamic was a wonderful thing for me. I haven't seen them in a long time -- my becoming a part of a company and some personal issues have distanced me away from this wonderful group of people. What is wonderful about them is that no matter how long it has been -- they never made me feel at all unwelcomed. Of course, there were a lot of things that I've missed out and things that I cannot connect with (apparently there is a new game they play called Gestures and there are names they mention whom I don't know of) but otherwise, other than the occasional biting joke about my absence, we have not changed how we feel about each other.

Real friends don't really go away, they're always there, waiting for the time to let things bloom again. As long as they don't expect things to be the way they were; that they allow each other to grow and change with time, everything is going to be fine. That's very comforting to me.

I've gotten 2 more projects as of today and I'm going to be busy for a while and that's a good thing because that means I'll be slowly rebuild my credibility and name in the industry and widen my network and contacts and know that I won't starve. In fact, there are a few people I have yet to re-establish my contact with for jobs but I'm not going to be greedy. I'll call them again when I'm not so busy anymore that way if they do have something for me, I can give them the attention the work deserves.

My life had dipped for a while and now things are going up again so I'm just going to bite my tongue and smile. Because life is really like a vase of flowers -- it's beautiful and lovely and brightens up a room until they wilt and die and then you start over. Replace them and let the new ones brighten your day. Sometimes they're roses, sometimes they're Malaysian mums, sometimes they're lilies but they all brighten up a room and they all will eventually wilt and die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home