ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, March 02, 2006

getting back to extraordinary

from Everwood
You wonder, reading Job, what went through his mind while everything he loved turned to dust. I like to think it was memories of things commonplace: wheat fields and rain and slippers, a broom in the corner, his flock in the yard, his children at the table giving thanks for it all.

Been beaten up pretty much the past 2 weeks. Loss of momentum, bad health, lost opportunities, loss of drive, that sort of thing. On my birthday month no less! Ah well. I've been eating solid foods lately, so I know I'm getting better and the immeasurable quantities of gargled bactidol is keeping my tonsils in check -- and while they might not be film scripts, I've got AVPs and events galore coming my way. I'm accepting them all at the moment. Hell, it's better than just sitting down and waiting for a movie offer to arrive. Sometimes, they never come.

Once again, I was in a meeting with like minds and talking about a project which really burns me up inside, in a good way. A chance to really get excited over something without any promise of financial compensation afterwards -- it's just a chance to work with very creative people and finding ways around the monetary road humps that are on the way. There is no promise for being paid back with this, so I can't be disappointed with that. Yet everyone involved is excited, passionate and willing to find the time to make it work and that fuels me, you know?

I'm taking all this work because I want to start wall-climbing again and I want to go to the beach, desperately. I want to travel a bit and see bits of the Philippines I haven't seen yet. Take advantage of my apparent freedom. I miss having the sand between my toes and the cold sea air whipping against my skin. I miss the feel of the sun scorching my back and a cold beer in my hand. I want to go to the beach again and feel like someone new.
(picture taken in Boracay New Year's day 2006, that's Joao, Tals and me. Paulino took the picture.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home