ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

no excuse

Morrie
Death ends a life, not a friendship.

Lance and DC visited me last night. They're really sweet. Lance almost thought of bringing food and then remembered what state I was in and decided against it. Sometimes time can keep people away while sometimes, time can't do a damned thing. Friends are friends and those things don't change. I guess as long as both of you are growing, you never really grow apart unless you both are growing radically in two different directions. But DC and Lance, I doubt, are going to be that way. What will always keep us together is our love and passion for the arts -- movies, music, books and stuff. We respect each other's opinions regarding the arts that it doesn't get in the way of things, I think. And hell, they're good people. That's so hard to find nowadays.

I've been able to fix my stomach a bit -- of course, since I haven't had anything to eat but Skyflakes and apples. Today, I've decided to try and eat more. I prepared a bowl of oatmeal and while I didn't put sugar or milk to avoid upsetting my stomach, it felt good to have something a little more substantial than Skyflakes and apples in my system. God! I would kill to have a banana right now. Bananas are really my favourite fruit in the world. There was none coming home from the hospital so I had to settle for apples. Unfortunately, apples aren't as filling as Bananas.

Despite being sick, a writer has no excuse for a dip in productivity. After all, they're home! What excuse can they give other than their computer breaking down. Unless of course, they are so badly off that they can't even get out of bed and can't think. Sometimes, the discomfort would get so bad that I can't concentrate -- but honestly, after so many years of writing these things I really can't give that excuse.

So despite everything, I'm still here, writing away AVP scripts and event scripts. It's what I do. And I'm glad for the work, honestly. It will pay the bills, put food on the table and pay for whatever future I'm going to have.

Well, my tonsils are now acting up so maybe that future won't be so far away, maybe just around the corner. My body is breaking down on me. Where can we get a replacement?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home