ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, March 03, 2006

mid-flight

as texted to me by my Dad
If voting could really change things it would be illegal.

I'm having a lot of trouble with a client I'm working with now. Everything is rushed. This is the first time I've ever had to work on something where once the revisions arrive, they want me to send the revised copy 3 hours later. Then, when I send the revised script, they send me new stuff to add to the script which they just thought about at that moment -- so it's time to revise again. I've been working on this project since Tuesday, the day after I was hospitalized and I've undergone almost 8 revisions already. They're not paying me enough for that sort of shit. Bastard client!

Today, I was with my brother and while waiting, I looked at my arms and looked at Datu and told him, "Dats, we need to go to the beach." He said, "yeah, soon!" I've lost my colour since Boracay and we need to get out. After leaving NMI and then a rush of jobs, some not pushing through, some unexpected and others plodding along at their pace, my bro has been working non-stop since the year began. We both need a chance to lie down on a sandy beach and just breathe.

I've been seeing a lot of old friends recently and that's good, but I also miss my pals -- Jaypee is in Thailand for work but now that work is over, he's staying as the crew goes back to Manila and he goes exploring. I'm so envious. Maik, Anne and Berna are at work. Charles has school and I haven't heard from Japs in ages. I just hope that seeing each other doesn't lead to going to a club. But if they go, I don't have to. I just want to see them and experience their laughter again.

It's been a very weird week but I know I've made the right decision to take that leap across the chasm. I'm still in mid-flight but I've done enough running to ensure I can make it across. Now if only the chasm doesn't get wider during the jump, I'll be totally okay. Or as long as I don't lose my nerve, which is more probable than the chasm getting wider. Feel the wind on my face. I miss this feeling of flying. I wish that times were better that I may enjoy it more.
(picture of Berna and I taken December, 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home