ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Friday, June 16, 2006

can't cry anymore

Sheryl Crow from Can't Cry Anymore (written by Sheryl Crow and Bill Bottrell)
Wouldn't it be good if we could hop a flight to anywhere
So long to this life
So much for pretending
Bad luck's never-ending

Slept through my alarm again. Hopelessly late for a meeting. Got it anyway. Lots of awkward smiles and uneasy looks. Got the job and I ran straight home. From Makati to San Juan. Right as I hit San Juan, the bright sunny day was immediately exchanged for a really powerful downpour. As in, not just cats and dogs, goats and pigs! It was raining goats and pigs.

I was stuck under the shade of a condominium with 8 other people, all waiting for the rain to go away. I was stuck there for a good 30 minutes. That's 30 minutes of my time that was gone forever.

Fucking shit. I sincerely wanted to cry. How could life get any more difficult? I don't know. But I know it can. And I'm just holding on with as much humour is left in me to throw out. Assault all this madness with humour -- be it biting, sarcastic and jaded; at least I can still make people laugh.

How do people do it? Live life day-to-day, constantly being beaten down by invisible clubs and their bruises are never seen but for those unguarded moments when they stare into space and there is no calm, no serenity behind their eyes. They just stare into space. Gone. Somewhere better. Somewhere where reality does not exist.

I almost cried in the rain as I walked home but the tears just wouldn't fall.

I'm sick of all this complaining. I ain't coming back here to write unless it's good fucking news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home