ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

play with the cards I'm dealt with

Imogen Heap from Hide and Seek (written by Imogen Heap)
Hmmm what you say
Oh that you only meant well, well of course you did
Hmmm what you say
Hmmm that it's all for the best, of course it is
Hmmm what you say
That it's just what we need, you decided this
Hmmm what you say
What did she say?

I was rained on this whole day. Getting from meeting to meeting as the rain changed the colour of my pants and made me jacket another 10 pounds heavier. Ugh! My feet are swimming in the water that managed to sneak into my shoes and once again, I find myself in an internet cafe spending money to work.

My workshop gig just got postponed which means I could've been able to do this gig for Planetzips but since they were conflicting and I had committed to the workshop gig for Nestle first; I couldn't take the zip gig. Now it got cancelled and I'm like, shit, this sucks.

But I don't want to complain and complain and complain. I hate it. Whining is useless and just makes things worse; it doesn't make anything better so I'm stopping right now.

On a good note, it looks like things are going steady on the television show I'm putting together. If all goes well, I'll be going off the the land down under for 9 days. I've never been to Australia and I'll be going there as a journalist. That'll be my second stamp on my passport as a journalist. With Shanghai and Australia in my passport, it might be easier for me later on to start getting stamps. If the show goes well, I'll be able to keep putting stamps on my passport and I'll be seeing the world -- because of work and not on my expense. Not bad.

Morx got me a fantastic set of songs to listen to. He downloaded lots of songs from Grey's Anatomy and I've really been loving it. I'm now a huge fan of Roisin Murphy and Imogen Heap and Sigur Ros. I'll be ordering their albums on-line the moment I can get a chance to. I also like Emiliana Torrini and will probably be getting her albums too.

Reminds me, also, to get Stina Nordstram's albums... I remember liking her a lot and Rex has a couple of Stina Nordstram songs in his Ipod and I liked a lot of them.

Projects are coming in and I've been doing my best to be thankful, to work hard and to just keep plodding on. Some of them are not to my expectations, some of them got postponed and then moved to a date that I cannot be available for and the like. But hey! That's life and life is messy. I had a pretty good childhood and I never took advantage of what I got when I was a kid and that was my fault. Now it's time to work and I got to work it. It might not be fair but that's the way the world works and who am I to change all of that? Can I change all of that? How do I even begin to change it?

I can't so I won't. I'll just play with the cards I'm dealt with and hope to God no one's got a better hand than me.

Not as bright and cheerful a blog entry as I would have wanted but I'm down today and yesterday; a stark contrast from being up and peppy and perky in the weekend. I hope I have internet access on a brighter day. Gloomy days like these were meant to be spent underneath a heavy comforter and half-awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home