ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Avril was here... (with pictures!)

Avril Lavigne from I'm With You
It's a damn cold night
Trying to figure out this life
Won't you take me by the hand
Take me somewhere new
I don't know who you are
But I'm, I'm with you


So I finally got the pictures from the Avril concert and here they are. We were quite far so my friend Rica decided to take pictures of the video screen and that's why it came out that way. It was better than taking a picture of the stage, from our distance she would have appeared like half a centimetre tall on the pic! I may have complained that there was nothing special about the concert but I have to admit she is looking really good. Her hair length is beautiful, perfect and she is gorgeous. She kinda reminds me of Brittany Murphy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

She looked really happy to be performing. Later on, there was a break from the performance (and they started to play a track from the Dracula CD and it was really off, it was weird) then when the lights got back on, there was a grand piano on stage and she began to play on it. I thought she was just some guitar-rocker-chick and it's nice to see her behind that piano. It was refreshing to see, actually.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ah well. I went to the Fort the day after to go dancing with friends at Embassy. I could still feel the energy of the crowd in the place even if all the walls and the stage had already been brought down. I'm glad I got to spend the time with Rica and Pabsy, to lovely creatures from the office. They are such cool people. It's always fun to get to know new people, I suppose. Despite how much I learn from others, I wonder why I'm always so resistant to it?

I'll never get it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Thanks to GMA NMI for the tickets. I guess it's part of the perks in working in the media. I've never really been comfortable with it but then, I could never have afforded those tickets and the cheapest ticket available, you couldn't even see the screen!

Here's hoping that Bjork, Tori Amos or Sarah McLachlan will get to come here and perform. If that ever happens, I'm sure as hell going to beg, steal or borrow to be able to get a backstage pass.

1 Comments:

At 1:43 AM, April 04, 2005, Blogger ennui said...

I would KILL to watch them live. And like Sarah looks much more mature now and she carries with her that unmistakable motherly glow. What I wouldn't give to watch her sing Possession and Do What You Have to Do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home