ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, April 28, 2005

watch where you're going

Lisa Marie Presley from Important (written by Lisa Marie Presley & Cliff Magnes)
Please get out of my way
I don't like fucking waiting
You need to bring me my food first
I'm not the one you want to starve

I was walking all over the city today. Going from one job to the next, getting things done and I started feeling good about myself, like I was becoming productive again, that things were getting better because I've been feeling down about my productivity at the office. All my complaints have been affecting my work. I feel like I've been under-performing. And there's no excuse for that. No matter how burned out you are, you do not under-perform. Get someone to substitute for you or something, find the energy somewhere but get your act together. Be a professional.

Watch where you are going. You can see all the signs if you look ahead and keep your eyes open. You can't afford to get caught off guard. Not when there's so much on the line.

With all my work in Makati done, I walked all the way to the MRT station so that I could make my way to Quezon City for my work here in GMA. You know what I noticed? Tons of people walking and not caring what's ahead of them. They swing their arms with their big bag of purchases, not caring that it is going to hit anybody; they think they own the fucking road and that people should move aside for them.

One woman was walking and she was looking all over the place except forward. There were two men walking just a little bit behind her to her right and on her left was a tiny space before the wall. We would've rammed into each other if I didn't go flat against the wall just so that we wouldn't collide. When we brushed against each other, she looked at me as if I was at fault. If the bitch had been looking ahead like she should have, we would've avoided such a situation. What if I was like her and walking aimlessly, head above the clouds? We would've bumped into each other and I swear, she would've hurt more than I would have...

Watch where you're going...

In the MRT, a man got on at Boni station with a bag full of tarpolenes. The MRT was practically empty since it was merely 2 pm. But he decided to stay right at the door, considering that the next stop would be Shaw station where the doors open at the same spot as the Boni station. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he'd be getting off there but no. The idiot just stands there, right at the door as it slides open and I can't get down. I was about to lose my temper when this man with braids in his hair and wearing a sleeveless basketball jersey began berating him. The man looked pissed as he dragged his heavy load out of the way. The damned train was practically empty. He could've moved comfortably at anytime. But no, he wanted to stay there.

He better watch where he is going and where he decides to stop. Annoying prick.

Sometimes we have to make decisions and we need to use a little foresight to just ensure that we be considerate to all the people concerned and involved. We should just watch where we are going; keep our eyes open and we will see the signs.

We are not alone in this world. We don't know who we are going to be bumping into, after all. As any one person makes his entrance, someone is bound to make his exit. I learned that at an early age and I was pretty much sheltered and protected as a kid; I'd think everybody else would be as open-minded...

4 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, April 28, 2005, Blogger ninjato said...

It's the king of the road syndrome, transferred to a pedestrian platform...being a professional commuter myself, I've kinda gotten used to people who are like that, but sometimes it still is hella annoying... as for MRT etiquette, rush hour is even way worse...

 
At 2:18 AM, April 29, 2005, Blogger ch-girl said...

hi wanggo!

its cliche-ic, but the world can be better place if people can just exert even a tiniest effort to be considerate to other people.

you do your part, but wish people would just try. there's no excuse y they shouldn't.
permission to link this entry?

mitch g

 
At 2:29 PM, April 29, 2005, Blogger wanggo said...

Sure, Mitch, link up! What's your site by the way... checked your blogger profile and there was no blog that I could view... :)

 
At 1:39 PM, May 03, 2005, Blogger ch-girl said...

ch-girl.blogspot.com. sorry, i kinda did that on purpose. basta :P

anyway, tnx! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home