ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, December 12, 2005

tilting my head back and laughing

Dolly Parton
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

Had a pretty good weekend. Saturday was my sister-in-laws birthday and so we had a celebration here for her. Lots of laughs and good friends and family passed by and I was drunk by 11pm. I zipped, danced to reggae and some hard house (courtesy of my bro; not me) and ate a whole lot of chips. Saturday afternoon was horrible. Time was wasted but I didn't really fight it like I could've or should've. So I wasn't able to get my glowsticks which I will attach to my zips so I can start doing some funky light moves. Wish me luck on that endeavour. I got to reading Valis again, though and that was a good thing because right at that time, while waiting, the book picked up (I had put it down and had a hard time picking it up again) and boy did it pick up! It's a good book and shame on me to think that Philip K. Dick would disappoint me. He has yet to and I will never doubt his writing again. Good, good book. Now, Jaemark lent me The Life of Python which is a biography of one of my favourite comedy troupes, Monty Python. I'll be ending the year with laughter, it seems.

The wedding on Sunday was for a family friend and I ended up driving for my Dad and Mom in a Barong Tagalog, no less. I was wearing my grandfather's barong and it's very vintage, very classy and I got so many compliments for it. One lady thought I was her dad from a distance because he has a barong just like it. It is made of a certain style. It's pretty amazing. I was kind of shocked on its effect on people. The wedding was different; very non-traditional and the food was excellent. Since my Dad and Mom were principal sponsors, I sat outside and joined a group of people who were nice enough to accommodate me; otherwise, I would've sat alone in a table looking very off and awkward. I could handle it, honestly, but I would've been a sore spot in people's eyes.

I slept early (11pm is early for me already) because I have to be up early and I woke up all of a sudden at 1am and now I can't get back to sleep. One of life's cruel jokes, I guess. I'm smiling, though. I have nothing to fear. The year is ending and though I might not have a lot to show for it, I've gotten through it with a lot of laughter and not as much tears as last year. An astrology website that is on the dot and a very good numerologist said that I've been struggling for the past 2-3 years and now, things will change. Everything will be on its way up. I'm ready to reap. It's harvest time. So I close my eyes, tilt my head back and laugh.

If you can't laugh at yourself, you might as well be as good as dead.
(picture taken by Jay Abello in August 2003)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home