ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, March 30, 2006

freeing, flowing and going

Vladimir Nabokov
Our imagination flies. We are its shadown on the earth.

I've been out of the house this whole week performing for Planet Zips. I've been having a grand time, though not much time here at home or not much chance to update my blog as often. It's funny, but I remember, I've always been on the production side (maybe emcee?) or at the audience side of these performances. Now, so much later on in the game, do I find myself at the performer's holding area, waiting for our turn to go on stage to perform. It's an interesting side to see. In a way, now I know how my sister used to feel when she was still in a band.

As an emcee for events, which I used to do before, I would always be beside the stage, ready to step out to call on the next portion of the program. Or audience, well, that's really simple, seated at the audience area and just watching. Now, in the past 2 weeks, I've been to rehearsals and waiting at the holding area. A term I do not like, actually. Holding area. Why are we being held? What did we do wrong? Must the artist's be held? Why couldn't it be called a backstage or something. Performer's room? It has to be called a holding area. It makes us sound like wild monkeys!

Had a great gig at the Westin Philippine Plaza, zipping for the opening of Spirals, the new restaurant of The Philippine Plaza Hotel. We were dancing to Pinikpikan and they're really, really great! We had finished our portion but Pinikpikan still had to finish their set and we had all this kerosene, so we adlibbed, stood beside the band and continued on zipping and it looked like the audience were so impressed and happy. The organizers were happy, that was what was important to me. Pinikpikan's music is so cool to dance to.

Now, some guys, including me, will be performing at Tiesto tomorrow and then we've got a booth at the Manila Polo club on April 1 and 2 and will be joining the Levi's Freedom to Move Sports Camp on April 1 and 2, as well. Watch out for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home