ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, April 24, 2006

Back from Boracay

from The Contender
Principles only mean something if you stick by them when they're inconvenient.

I had a grand time in Boracay. I was with a lot of good friends and got to meet even more. It was more chill out than my usual Boracay trips where I would go to the bars and stuff and dance. We pretty much kept to ourselves except when we went to Hed Kandi at Hey Jude! Hed Kandi was okay. The people seemed to enjoy it but I found the music a little too laid back for my tastes. I want to dance and it wasn't the type that really gets your heart pumping. At Hed Kandi, I was just sipping my drinks and just swaying to the beat, not really losing control. Kinda hard with Hed Kandi music which is very laid back. It was the perfect setting, though. Hey Jude! is the best bar in Boracay, in my opinion.

What was important, for me, was that I got to hang out with my old friends again. Jay and Morx are really good friends from the past and it was great being with them. I'm also getting to know Rex, a new addition to the mix and I got to hang out with the rest of the gang again -- Che, Lai, Len, Hycee and Corks and I got to meet the guys Nino and Komang. I also got to know Naira and Dave more, people I met last week. So it was a great time to be there, really. It was all about renewing bonds of friendship.

I was able to once again, experience the Boracay experience -- the soft sand that never gets hot, the cold water, the Boracay sea wind and the people who are generally in such a good cheer.

But now it is time to get serious. It's time to get into work mode. I've lived the life. It's time to make it mean something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home