ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, April 09, 2006

of summers and things to do, places to go

Albert Einstein from his address at H. A. Lorentz' grave
Everyone followed him gladly for they felt that he never set out to dominate but always simply to be of use.

So yesterday, I went out to meet up with Cholo and his friends and I had a lovely time. I've always been comfortable with older people. My father and mother always had their friends over and they told me I would always sit down and listen intentively to them and share as much as I could showing off a precociousness and a talent for being mature. They would tell me that days after, I would be copying the way their friend would speak. Being the youngest of the family and not having my own set of friends until second year high school, I was always more comfortable with older company. I had a blast talking with such distinguished and accomplished people. People who made themselves who they are or at the very least, took advantage of what life offered and really lived -- people who've seen the world and took it in their hands and worked with it. Very inspiring.

Am preparing right now for my Dad's leaving -- he'll be going back to Bacolod for an indefinite amount of time, to work on the Negros Summer Workshop in Multimedia, which he does annually. I will miss him but I have to admit, there is a certain level of joy to know that I will have my room back all to myself. I will always reiterate, once you've lived alone, it's hard to come back to living with others.

Holy Week is in preparation. Everyone is preparing to leave for somewhere or choosing to stay in Manila for some peace and quiet. I am once more going to the island of Cagbalete just off Mauban, Quezon. My friends have property there and so for 5 days, approximately, we'll be in a private island all to ourselves. Not bad, really, except there were some complications that arose. I almost decided not to go because of it, but I have to. More than anything, it would be great to be in that company again even if there were some complications.

It would be marvel to just lounge around under the sun with a good book and just enjoy the heat of the summer burning me again. Right now, I'm really dark, almost black from last Monday's foray under the sun, from sunrise to sunset in Calatagan. My skin is peeling off, though, and I've got splotches of discolorations. I'm going to need to smoothen it out with some sunbathing.

And then I have an offer to go to Boracay with some friends on the weekend of the 20th of April and then an offer to go to Bohol on May. I want to take both but it all depends if my money comes in. Otherwise, I'm landlocked again on summer like last year (though, last year, I could afford to leave Manila but I had work up to my eyeballs so I couldn't). This time, I don't have any real obligations to stay but I can't afford it.

I also have a little secret (though, not so secret, some of you know it already) and I have to keep my schedule open should this secret actually come true and then I'm off to somewhere surreal and I can't wait. I really don't want to count my chickens yet, since the eggs haven't even been laid yet but it would be such a dream to be able to go. Yes, to the very astute and keen reader, this secret involves traveling. So there you go.

And we might get some sudden gig to zip at some event at some beach party; I've got to keep my schedule open for that as well. It's weird, for me, to not have to zip these past few days. And since my zips were accidentally placed in someone else's stuff, I haven't had anything to practice with since Monday. Funny too, since I've never wanted to practise more than now when my zips are not with me! Ironic, huh?

Yeah, well, it happens. To those out there who are enjoying the sun, the sand, the surf and the sea, I envy you. You cannot imagine how much I envy you.

(picture taken by Jezer in Cagbalete sometime Holy Week, 2002 [maybe 2003] -- Tanya, Lelei and me)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home