ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Monday, April 17, 2006

time stopped

Nelly Furtado from Picture Perfect (written by Nelly Furtado, Gerald Eaton and Brian West)
Please bring me along
Please take me away
I don't want to stay
And I want to see everything you have to offer me
I want t see everything the world has to offer me
I want to show everything I have to offer it
I want to show everything I have to offer it now

I spent 5 days under the fury of the sun's rays and 5 nights under the tenderness of the brilliance of the moon, 3 nights of which it was full. I was fanned by sea breeze and accompanying the music that we played, the sounds of the sea rushing up against the tides were rhythmic and gentle. I was in the company of friends -- old and new and sometimes I found myself alone, listening to music, watching the moon or reading a book.

I had more fun then I expected and a truly wonderful finale; our last night was spent hanging out as one by one, people went to sleep and my good friend Morx and I spent the whole night talking about books, movies and the way we live our lives. It was truly amazing, sitting there, listening to good music, under the light of the full moon, fanned by a strong sea wind and just talking openly and without hindrance.

Slowly, I've begun to come back to my old friends -- Morx and Jay. The distance has done us good. It has allowed me a chance to grow on my own and to allow me a chance to see them grow and change and develop. It's not a bumpy ride as I thought it might be; unconsciously, we are reverting back to old roles but played by new actors. I've changed much since last I saw them and so have they.

We left Tuesday early morning and got to the beach by Tuesday late morning and then we left on the morning of Sunday. That's practically almost a week. For 5 days, the world stopped. Except for the brief interludes when someone would text, it seemed like there was nothing to return to and that we came from nowhere. There were points when it felt like we were just there. Those days in the beach of Mauban, Quezon, I was just so into the moment. Very little bothered me. And then, the moment I got back into the city and I saw the buildings and the lights and the cars and I could hear the hum of electricity running through the buildings and the streets, my clear memory of the trip had begun to fade. Memory is a tricky thing, really. We must always be careful.

So much to say and I don't even have the pictures for it just yet. But I'll get them soon. I just wanted to say I'm back and that I've done a lot of thinking and I've been on my ass for a while now and it's time to start making my moves. I'm going to start taking these things seriously.

I've had my rest. It's time to get busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home