ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

of children and good days

Tom Stoppard
We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once watered our eyes.

DC and Berna commented on my one day that I actually found myself dealing with children. Truth be told, Saturday was a much better time than Sunday. Some of the students of Saturday came back to learn more and it was nice to see some of the children take it really seriously. Some of the kids were just brats, not respecting the fact I was teaching a different kid something else, they'd try to get my attention and try to get me to focus on them. It was so "me! me! me!" and I was getting really annoyed. This time round, with more energy and a restful sleep behind me, I found my energy levels reaching their natural point and I wanted to strangle them with my zips. One particularly hopeless case of a 6 year old kept wanting to learn moves yet she didn't focus or concentrate or listen to anything I was telling her. She thought she could watch me do it once and then she could mimic it but it doesn't work that way. She didn't work hard enough for it but I think she was able to get her mom to buy her a pair. Paolo was doing much better, it seems. The kids like him a lot. He appears to have a lot of patience for them and works very hard to make sure they get the move done. But I know it must've been very hard for him, him having ADHD and all. We both were pretty sure we would never end up teaching zips. We're performers. My respect for Paulino, Mikko, Migui and Lorraine has just increased ten folds knowing that they are good teachers.

Today, I'm as dark as coal as I've been under the heat of the sun in a beach in Batangas from sunrise to sunset, literally. It was wonderful. I haven't been to the beach since Boracay when I went for the New Year. Caliraya is a lake, not a beach. More on that trip some other time. I'm tired. Been out the whole day and I've been zipping and swimming in the very cold water and hanging out with really good people.

Life is good. We don't throw anything away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home