ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Adjustment

Marlene Dumas
L'art ne motre pas du doigt, il n'est pas au service du bien. (Art doesn't point fingers nor serve 'the good.')

My Saturday was pretty laid back and chill. I watched television then had dinner with my bro and then we watched movies -- Underworld 2 Evolutions and Alone in the Dark. We weren't expecting much from either and while the latter movie was worse than we thought, the former was actually quite fun. I guess it had a lot to do with already lowered expectations but this movie was much, much better than the first installment of the series. Kate Beckinsale looked really good and the fight scenes were really well done.

After the films, I went to sleep because I had to drive my Dad to the airport and then I went back home to sleep again. I was suppose to go with my brother to Shangri-La to just walk around and bringout little baby Eve but they woke up late, were rushing and failed to wake me, so I was late for zips class. I zipped and taught and then Cat and Migui and I went to eat at Dencio's were we had a couple of beers and then went home.

My weekends have become very chilled lately as compared to my weekends of years before. I'm getting comfortable with the way things are now. I'm beginning to see how I've changed and what that means in terms of what is going on in my life and how I'm affected by the world. I guess that is something you have to go through every 6 to 10 years. You change. That's inevitable, or the world changes around you and you have to be in a constant state of adjusting to these changes, be it from you or from the world.

So don't get stuck to one frame of mind. After all, that's kinda boring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home