ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

and suddenly, it begins to pour

Tori Amos from Muhammad my Friend (written by Tori Amos)
And Moses I know
I know you've seen fire
But you've never seen fire
Until you've seen Pele blow

It never just rains, it pours. It's never just a meal, it's always a feast. But when there's nothing, it's a drought. If I'm hungry, it's because there is a famine. It never comes one by one. It never comes slowly. It never comes in little bits, in little specks. It always comes as a deluge. It is never easy. It is always in large piles, in large clumps, in large quantities.

I don't want to complain but like I said, I'm tired. And while I got what I wanted, I'm too tired to enjoy it and I've got too much work to get some rest to better enjoy it.

You see, everything came today -- the news that I start work in the new job, at the same time, I also got word that another project on the side has come in as well, one that I needed had the job offer fallen through. Oh yeah, at the same time, I had a fire zipping performance awhile ago and yeah, an old project finally pushed through and they want/need me there during the shoot.

So tomorrow (or later, to be more exact) I have to be in 3 places at the same time. I have to actually split myself into three. Oh yeah, and I have to submit a script in a couple of hours -- hopefully before 2am, at the latest. Oh yeah, I also have an 8am brainstorming for the new job and wait! There's still the shoot for the old project that's come back and don't forget the Planetzips meeting in the evening (but that one I really want to go to and enjoy).

So I finally have work and I've got loads of it and I'm in demand again, all of a sudden and yes, I am very happy and yes, I'm relieved and there is a smile on my face again and yes, things are finally going to get better but please, can it all come one at a time? I wasn't doing anything of all last week. I spent most of my days at Jay's house just hanging around. I was too busy being depressed to go and make something happen, now I don't have to make things happen because everything is happening and there's just so much of me to go around. And don't mistake, I'm happy, I really am. I arrived home today to see my brother Datu and I told him with a huge smiling face how things have turned up and it's a happy complaint, you know? Sure, there are so many demands but at least there are demands now and that it will be compensated.

But for once in my life, it would be nice to get them one at a time. All offers and requirements and demands, please fall in line and you will be dealt with in an orderly and organised manner. You will all be given your due; just please don't crowd.

So for the next few days, I'm expecting to be awake for almost 80% of the whole day and I won't be getting much sleep and I'll be squeezing out anything that's inside of me. It's going to be a very trying and tiring 3 days and I know I will benefit from the gift certificate from The Spa and I will be putting it to good use next week but I have to survive the next 3 days first.

Thank you for all of this, God, universe, Shiva, lords of labour and industry or whoever is there to be thanked. I am and will not be ungrateful. But please forgive me if I just whine and complain just a little. It's who I've become and my really good friend Berna and my brother Jubal would not recognise me if I didn't.

(picture taken by Jay sometime last week. Need some water? How about some order?)

3 Comments:

At 2:19 AM, May 03, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

I am so proud of you dear cousin! What you say is true, when it rains it friggin pours!! I am experiencing a drought at the moment and when that happens we can only complain :)You wont have time to complain now that you have a heavy workload. MWAH!

 
At 1:51 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger ninjato said...

Congrats! Of course, cliche as it may sound, I guess the saying: "be careful what you wish for..." is still pretty much alive and well, but I'm sure this will work out for the best...

 
At 9:16 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger i gotta go! said...

loved your first paragraph. :) most especially, "it's never just a meal, it's always a feast."

this is just the universe's way of telling you that the higher beings know how much you're capable of. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home