ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Sunday, May 07, 2006

haven't been home

Bill Cosby
Human beings are the only creatures that allow their children to come back home.

I haven't been home since Thursday. I have been staying at Jay's place a lot because he lives 2 blocks near my work. Anyway, he's much happier for it since this is the first time he's lived alone in his whole life and he's much needing the company. Jay's always been surrounded by people who loves him -- family and friends and so the move has been very much difficult for him, I think. It makes things convenient for me, though and that's great for the both of us, in that regard. I went to Blackdog Media to work on a project that has been delayed for a while and we shot and began editing and I ended up sleeping in the office. It was pretty much an all-nighter.

Truth be told, I miss my bed, I miss my room and all my CDs. I miss just lying down and reading a book. I haven't opened The Devil in the White City for a couple of days now and that's sad because it is a very interesting book. I want to finish it to see how the story goes and at the same time, someone has lent me a pretty interesting short story compilation by another writer and it would be nice to finish another book. I miss having my change of clothes nearby and all that stuff.

I don't miss waking up to Dora the Explorer though or Barney at full volume. I can do without that. I don't miss having only particular places in which I can smoke or having forgot to buy goodies or snack food and arriving home to have nothing to munch on. That's something I used to be very good at when I was living alone in Wack-Wack Twin Towers.

In Wack-Wack Twin Towers, I miss most of all the silence and the quiet and the ability to do what I want -- walk around naked after a shower or playing my music as loud as I want or having the option of bringing friends home at whatever time I wanted. Of being able to come home anytime (even if I haven't come home in days) without having to tell people where I am. I'm glad for Datu and Kristi's concern, really, it's a part of what family is about. But I'm 27 years old now and really, it's about respect. But the truth of the matter is, I've taken in a lot of work now and I cannot remember to always text because I'm so tired.

At one point, I've got to continuously re-define my concept of home. It changes from time to time depending on how much has changed and things have changed. Things are different. Things are different for me now, again. And I've got to adjust.

It's not always easy being grown-up.

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, May 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're kidding right? Being a kid was easy, being grown up is way harder i think.

Maya

 
At 2:21 AM, May 08, 2006, Blogger wanggo said...

I understand what you mean, Maya. I think being a kid is way easier than being grown up.

I meant "It's not always easy being grown up" as a sort of ironic, sarcastic way of saying how difficult it is being grown up. I guess it just didn't come across that way.

 
At 10:21 AM, May 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaah, i get it now :). But now that i think about it, the teen years were just pure hell! Hehe.

maya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home