ondragstart="return false" onselectstart="return false"

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Juggling Act

from the film A Clockwork Orange (film screenplay by Stanley Kubrik based on the book by Anthony Burgess)
When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man.

How does a man with only 2 hours of sleep manage to be at 3 places at the same time, conceptualizing ideas for events, ads and sampling techniques for 3 separate clients while meeting a group of high powered executives and trying to wow them with the script you wrote for an AVP for their company's profile while monitoring a shoot for an AVP that wrote. The answer? He can't. It's not possible. I've yet to hear a man successfully bi-locate, much less tri-locate. If you've heard of such a story, give me a lead, I'll follow it and learn the process. It will be very helpful.

With 2 hours of sleep, I tried to do all that and failed in one miserably, handled one rather well and managed to sail on by one of them without incident. Ran to a meeting with Planetzips and hung out with the coolest bunch of people. In fact, that meeting was the best part of my day. After the meeting, we spun fire for kicks and practice and I hungrily took fire set after fire set and spun it to release tension. It reminded me on how I was to enjoy my life. For a moment, I forgot I was having a bad day. Learned a new move as well and got some burn marks and a blister from doing a chainsaw. Exciting things are brewing for us and it makes me want to quit my job and be a free agent again but reason and logic is back on the driver's seat and I know that isn't exactly feasible. Not right now, anyway.

Went to a birthday party afterwards but with so much take home work to do, I couldn't properly enjoy myself. I was acting manic, crazy, hyper with absolute fear that I wouldn't make it in time. I still have a shoot to go to in about an hour as of this writing. I still haven't slept. I'll be going through this whole day without any sleep and there's still so much demands to be met.

I think a comatose is in order. A deliciously long coma in a warm bed is just what I need. But to do that would mean all the things I'm juggling will end up falling to the floor and that's just another mess I'd have to deal with when I wake up. So I keep throwing things in the air, catching them as they come near my hands and try to find a way to put them back on the table until I'm just watching one thing.

Well, blogging time is over. Got to get back to work. Back to juggling.

(Picture of me fire-zipping in Boracay April 20, 2006 taken by Jay)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home